Tuesday, April 13, 2010

just give me Jesus.

so I woke up in a bad mood this morning after having weird dreams and an altogether restless 6 hours of sleep... knowing I had a test today to study for.

I began my routine as I do every morning... delete all the pointless emails I got on my phone during the night, sleepily walk to the kitchen and start making coffee, brush my teeth, wash my face, put my contacts in... and I turn on my pandora radio. Every morning I listen to the "contemporary Christian" station. I'm not a contemporary christian radio/music fan. at all. but, I've found that it brings a sort of peace to my mind and starts me out on a positive attitude, rather than listening to my usual morning shows. I was especially not wanting to listen to anything like that this morning, in my grumpiness.

so... the first song I heard this morning was Jeremy Camp's "give me Jesus"

I could've cried. I had never heard the song before. I love the lyrics. Such a sweet love song to the Lord. it humbled my rude mood and gave me some joy this morning. so simply written, yet so profound when spoken. never said this before, but props to jeremy :)

enjoy.

In the morning, when I rise
In the morning, when I rise
In the morning, when I rise

Give me Jesus.
Give me Jesus,
Give me Jesus.
You can have all this world,
Just give me Jesus.

When I am alone,
When I am alone,
When I am alone,
Give me Jesus.

Give me Jesus.
Give me Jesus,
Give me Jesus.
You can have all this world,
Just give me Jesus.

When I come to die,
When I come to die,
When I come to die,
Give me Jesus.

Give me Jesus.
Give me Jesus,
Give me Jesus.
You can have all this world,
Just give me Jesus.

--------------------------------------------------------

so when I'm on 6 hours of sleep, that felt like 3.. have a week full of schoolwork and responsibilities, have a bad mood, would rather crawl back in bed, having a bad hair morning, and wake up a little bloated from eating dinner so late...

Just give me Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment