so... at the beginning of last week, I still needed $1127 for my outreach fees to be able to leave this coming Saturday... all the fees were due last Thursday. I approached my leader in tears because I truly had NO idea where it was coming from. I had exhausted all my efforts and then I get online... express my frustrations to my best friend, Carly, and she and Tyler felt they should give and within 5 minutes... I had half of my outreach fees. In the next couple of days, I got all of my money sent in... some by people I didn't even know and some by close friends and family! Holy crap! I ended up with $1150... and I needed $1127. I hate asking people for money, so my pride really got in the way. but holy moly... did the Lord provide!
I saw Him provide $6000 over the weekend between me and some of my classmates. One of my friends found $200 on her bed, was given an additional $200, then $1200, and another $1000. all in the course of ONE DAY!!! And another one of my friends got his entire outreach paid for by one person... can you believe this? another girl has found $500 on her bed TWICE! Is our God not great??
the big kicker is this one... last night we had a time of giving because we still had a bunch of people who did not have their outreach fees paid for and we're leaving this Saturday. SO.... we needed $10,665. within 20 minutes, every single cent of that money was paid for and provided for by OTHER STUDENTS DONATIONS. We all gave what little we had and between 60 of us, we were able to pay for others to go on outreach. unbelievable.
also with the giving.... we did gifts as well. while we were camping, on Lordship week, I felt like I needed to give my most favorite piece of jewelry, my cameo necklace from my Nana, to another girl on the other DTS. It was really special to me and I did NOT want to give it up, but I couldn't shake it off that I had to. so I gave it away and I was super bummed about it. last night... one of my darling friends, Liz, gave me her cameo necklace! it was so precious. her older sister gave it to her and then she gave it to me and said, "from one sister to another..." so that just melted my heart! also, if you know me, you know I love to give and receive letters and cards. So, I love good pens. Sharpie pens are my absolute favorite. My friend, Sam, has these amazing pens that I always ask to borrow.... and she gave them to me last night! so stinkin' precious. now I can write even more fabulous and wonderful notes with my new pens! I also got a really sweet letter from my friend, Katie, last night. so I was just feeling INCREDIBLY blessed. I gave away some things too, and it was just awesome to watch people feel loved. SO SO SO GOOD. My heart was so full.
also today, I got my Valentine's package from my Covenant Group girls! Meg, Carly, Christina, and Jen (see their blogs on the right hand side of my page)! complete with button earrings made by my best friend, Carly Gail Ward, and some candy (smarties, my fave!!), and then notes from all of them. such a sweet gift! I get care packages all the time, I swear I have more candy and food than I know what to do with!!
I am a blessed little lady. I have the best friends in the world. the sweetest family. I'm having the time of my life in Australia. I am absolutely in love with my Jesus. I cannot wait to go on outreach, spend some time in Sydney, and then go back to my life at home!
thanks friends for all your love, encouragement, and support. couldn't do it without you.

No comments:
Post a Comment